How Israeli hit Rafah | Israel’s War on Gaza News

0 4

At least 67 people were killed in airstrikes on the densely populated city of Rafah, according to a statement from the Health Ministry of the Hamas region.

Raiding strikes on Monday hit 14 houses and three mosques in different parts of the city in the southern part of the sea, the Hamas government said.

The Israeli military said it carried out “a series of strikes on terrorist targets in the Shaboura area of ​​the southern Gaza Strip”.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told US broadcaster ABC News that the Rafah operation would continue until Hamas was eliminated, saying it would provide “safe passage” for civilians who wanted to leave.

When pressed to specify where they might go, Netanyahu said: “You know, the areas we cleared north of Rafah, plenty of areas there. However, we are preparing a detailed plan. “

The Israeli military announced early Monday that two people had been rescued in Rafah after nearly 130 days in captivity.

In a statement, the army identified the two as Fernando Simon Marman and Louis Har, saying they were “kidnapped by the Hamas terrorist group on October 7 from Kibbutz Nir Yitzhak”. Both were in “good medical condition”, he said.

About 1.4 million Palestinians have crowded into Rafah, with many living in tents, while food, water and medicine are increasingly scarce.

The precarious humanitarian situation in Rafah has prompted aid agencies and foreign governments, including Israel’s main ally, the United States, to express grave concern about the potential catastrophic consequences of expanding operations. there.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.