Massachusetts Woman Ana Walshe: What We Know So Far

0 16

A The search for Ana Walshe, a 39-year-old real estate investment manager and mother of three young boys from Cohasset, Massachusetts, is still ongoing after police say she was last seen on New Year’s Eve. Her husband, Brian Walshe, reported her missing on January 4, and is now under investigation for false authorities.

Ana reportedly had dinner with her husband and a friend on New Year’s Eve, and Brian told authorities that she left the couple’s home in Massachusetts early the next morning for Washington, D.C. – where her company is based – for one of her frequent work trips.

Brian was arrested on January 8, however, with authorities alleging that a day after he last reported seeing his wife, he bought hundreds of dollars worth of cleaning supplies and blood and weapons were found. found there and near the couple’s home – and all of them. he did not appear to the police.

Brian, 47, was arrested on Sunday and charged with falsifying a police investigation. He has pleaded not guilty.

At Brian’s arraignment on Monday, January 9, District Attorney Lynn Beland said Brian’s “various statements caused delays in the investigation.”

Here’s what you know about the case.

When did Ana Walshe go missing?

Ana Walshe was reported missing on January 4, according to Cohasset Police Chief William Quigley, who addressed the case at a press conference on January 6. Quigley said authorities received missing persons reports from Walshe’s employer and her husband at the same time that day.

Brian told police that Ana took a ride from her home in Cohasset to Boston Logan International Airport for a flight to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Quigley said police have been in contact with ride-sharing companies, but could not confirm if Ana got a ride to the airport or if she ever got on a plane. None of Ana’s debit or credit cards have been active since Jan. 1, according to authorities.

Quigley shared that Brian said that Ana was called to fly to Washington on January 1st due to a work emergency. Ana was originally supposed to fly out on January 3rd. Investigators found evidence that January 3 was booked, but confirmed that Ana never boarded that flight.

Why is Brian Walshe held on bail?

The police insist that many of the statements that Brian gave after his wife left were wrong. Brian has been housebound for several months while awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to a federal fraud case involving fake art.

Brian’s 2018 federal fraud charges are for selling fake Andy Warhol artwork. While awaiting sentencing, Brian’s movement is restricted and he is only allowed to leave his home for purposes approved by the court, such as picking up his children from school.

Brian told police that on January 1, after his wife left, he drove about 30 miles north to see his mother in Swampscott, Massachusetts, also bought food and got home that evening. that. Police were unable to confirm Brian’s trip north, and claim he did not appear on any surveillance footage of the stores he stopped at, nor did he produce any receipts for the groceries.

Brian was seen on video surveillance on Jan. 2 making an unauthorized trip to Home Depot buying $450 worth of cleaning products in cash, including tarps and buckets, prosecutors said at his arraignment. . When authorities searched the couple’s home, they found blood and a broken knife in the basement, but have not yet determined whose blood it was.

Law enforcement is hoping to collect blood samples from the couple’s children to compare with the blood found in the basement, according to CNN.

Brian’s car was impounded and there is evidence that it was recently cleaned, according to CBS.

Authorities also found items such as a hacksaw and a bloody cloth in a dumpster in nearby Peabody, Massachusetts, which they believe are related to Ana’s disappearance.

Beland said Ana’s phone went off at her home on January 1 or 2, a couple of days after Brian said Ana had left the state.

After Ana’s disappearance, a police incident report from 2014 filed in Washington DC came to light regarding the couple’s history. In it, Ana claims that Brian threatened to kill her and her friends, but the case was later closed.

According to testimony from 2019, when Brian fought unsuccessfully to go against his father’s will, relatives and friends of the family described Brian as unreliable and sociopathic.

Brian is currently being held on $500,000 bail and is scheduled to appear back in court on February 9. The couple’s three children are currently in state custody, according to the Department of Children and Families.

Brian’s attorney, Tracey Miner, did not respond to TIME’s request for comment.

More required reading from TIME

contact us at

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.