Netflix unveils Korean film and TV slate for 2024
Netflix has confirmed its official Korean movie and TV lineup for 2024, which includes new original movies and shows. In addition to Squid Game Season 2, Hellbound, Gyeongseong Creature, and Sweet Home are also scheduled to return this year with new seasons.
The release window for Netflix’s 2024 Korean film & TV slate
Listed below are the upcoming shows and movies that will premiere in each quarter of 2024.
- A Killer Paradox is a crime thriller starring Parasite’s Choi Woo-shik as Lee Tang, a college student who becomes a murderer after discovering his supernatural gift of sentient evildoers. The series will premiere on February 9.
- Queen of Tears is a romantic drama starring Kim Soo-hyun (It’s Okay to Not Be Okay) and Kim Ji-won (My Liberation Notes). The series follows a wealthy married couple who go through a marital crisis.
- Chicken Nugget is based on Park Ji-dok’s popular web series. The comedy-drama series stars Ryu Seung-ryong (Kingdom, Extreme Job) and Ahn Jae-hong (The Answer 1988). The story begins when a woman suddenly turns into a chicken nugget after entering a mysterious device. It’s up to her father and secret admirer to find a way to turn her back to normal.
- My Name is Loh Kiwan will follow the journey of a North Korean defender, who finds refuge in Belgium. To be released on March 1, the film stars Song Joong-ki with Vincenzo.
- Physique: The 100 Season 2 – Underground once again features 100 contestants in peak physical shape, as they compete in epic challenges that will push them to their limits.
- Business Risqué: Holland and Germany is a talk show hosted by Shin Dong-youp and Sung Si-kyung. The show will premiere on February 20.
- The 8 Show is a black comedy in which 8 people take part in a dangerous game show that requires both cooperation and competition with each other. The series stars Ryu Jun-yeol, Chun Woo-hee, Park Jeong-min and more.
- Parasyte: The Gray is the live-action sequel to Hitoshi Iwaaki’s popular manga. In the series, as unknown parasitic lifeforms living off human hosts struggle to grow in power and begin to wreak havoc on society, a group of people fighting against the rising evil. It comes from Train to Busan director Yeon Sang-ho.
- Sweet Home Season 3 is expected to revolve around what happened after the end of Season 2, where a monster has ended, and a new humanity begins. The final season features Song Kang, Lee Do-hyun, Ko Min-si, Jinyoung and more.
- Resident Playlist (working title) will be a spin-off of the popular medical drama Playlist Hospital. The story will follow the intense but heartfelt lives of OB-GYN residents. It stars Go Youn-jung, Shin Shi-a, Kang You-seok, and more.
- Hierarchy is a teenage revenge drama set at Jusin High School, where the top 0.01% of students dominate law and order. The series stars Roh Jeong-eui, Lee Chae-min, Kim Jae-won and more.
- Agents of Mystery is a survival game reality series from producer Netflix’s The Devil’s Plan.
- Super Rich in Korea is a documentary series following true stories of multi-billionaires.
- Gyeongseong Creature Season 2 transports the supernatural action thriller from 1945 to present-day Seoul. It will feature the return of Park Seo-jun and Han So-hee.
- The Whirlwind is a political drama based on the conflict between the deputy prime minister of the economy and the prime minister. The series will be directed by Sul Kyung-gu and Kim Hee-ae.
- Officer Black Belt is an action drama film starring Kim Woo-bin as a martial arts expert who gets a job tracking criminals. It comes from Midnight Runners and Bloodhounds director Jason Kim.
- The Frog is a mystery thriller series starring Kim Yun-seok and Ko Min-si. In the series, one man’s life begins to fall apart when a mysterious woman appears at his motel one summer, leaving him clinging to his former ways of life.
- Unknown Chefs (WT) is an unscripted competition series that pits people from all walks of life against each other in a wild culinary showdown.
- The Influencer is an unscripted social survival series where South Korean influencers compete against each other to find out who has the most influence on social media, an area where one’s access equals power and status.
- Mr. Plankton is a romantic comedy drama starring Woo Do-hwan, Lee You-mi. In the series, a man who should not have been born and the most unhappy woman in the world must join each other on the last journey of his life.
- Uprising is a historical drama series from Oldboy director Park Chan-wook. The story takes place in the Joseon era, during a turbulent time after the war. It takes viewers on an exciting journey through the lives of two childhood friends who are enemies.
- Hellbound Season 2 unfolds a chaotic world exacerbated by the ongoing orders of hell, where lawyer Min Hyejin of Sodo, The New Truth Society, and the Arrowheads get involved in the middle the sudden resurrection of New Truth Chairman Jung Jinsu and Park Jungja.
- The Trunk is based on Kim Ryeon-ryeong’s popular novel of the same name. Starring Gong Yoo and Seo Hyun-jin, the series begins when a hidden wedding ceremony is discovered when a trunk washes up on the shore of a lake, bringing the strange marriage between a couple in the thick of it all anything
- The Great Flood is a sci-fi disaster film that takes place on the last day of the Earth. It centers around the desperate fight to save a child from a flooded apartment after a massive flood sweeps the planet. It stars Itaewon Class’ Kim Da-mi and Squid Game’s Park Hae-soo.
- Single’s Inferno Season 4 is a popular dating series that just aired its third season last December.
- Zombieverse Season 2 is a survival reality series in which South Korean celebrities try to survive a zombie apocalypse.