Tennis star Nick Kyrgios signs a deal to join OnlyFans

0 8

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios has signed a deal to join video subscription company OnlyFans in a move the 28-year-old has described as a “no-brainer”.

There is no doubt that Kyrgios is one of the most exciting players on the tour, but his behavior at times on the court has made him a polarizing figure.

He reached his first grand slam singles final at Wimbledon last year, losing in four sets to Novak Djokovic, and won his first grand slam doubles title at the Australian Open with partner Thanasi Kokkinakis.

“Launching OnlyFans was very difficult,” Kyrgios said in a statement on Thursday. “They’re changing social media and I wanted to be a part of that. Athletes can’t just show up on the court or field, we have to show up online too.

“I want to create, produce, direct and own content. That’s the future. I have been talking to my fans directly for years and I know what they want to see.

“Of course, there will be tennis balls involved, tips, tricks and behind the scenes, but they will also see all sides of me. Gaming, tattoos, my intimate side – it’s all on the table and I’m bringing fans along for the ride!”

OnlyFans started out as a social media platform for anyone who wanted to produce videos and photos to share with their subscribers, but the UK-based company quickly became known for its sexual content. obvious and other adults.

In August 2021, OnlyFans announced that it would ban explicit sexual content, under pressure from its banking partners, but the company reversed the decision days later after backlash from content creators.

Sex workers said they had helped create the company’s success and popularity only to be left in the dust. OnlyFans said it was finally able to secure funding to continue licensing all types of content on its platform.

OnlyFans told CNN on Thursday that it has paid out more than $10 billion to creators since it was founded in 2016.

Nick Kyrgios won his first grand slam title in 2022, claiming the Australian Open double crown with Thanasi Kokkinakis.  - Darrian Traynor/Getty Images AsiaPac/Getty Images

Nick Kyrgios won his first grand slam title in 2022, claiming the Australian Open double crown with Thanasi Kokkinakis. – Darrian Traynor/Getty Images AsiaPac/Getty Images

According to OnlyFans’ latest earnings report, the platform’s 239 million users spent more than $5.5 billion in 2022, up from $4.8 billion in 2021.

OnlyFans takes a 20% cut of user payments, with the content creators getting the remaining 80%, the company said in the statement.

Kyrgios will likely have plenty of time to update his OnlyFans account while still struggling with injuries.

After missing all four grand slams in 2023 with wrist, knee and foot injuries, Kyrgios looks set to miss his home Australian Open in January after being left off the entry list.

However, 22-time grand slam singles champion Rafael Nadal was included in the entry list after missing most of 2022 due to an injury sustained at the Australian Open.

Nadal will make his long-awaited return to tennis at the Brisbane International in January.

CNN’s Walé Azeez contributed to this report.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.