Who will inherit Queen Elizabeth’s estate? Net worth revealed

0 35

After the death of Queen Elizabeth II on September 8, many are wondering what will happen to her. And it’s more complicated than it seems.

Here’s everything you need to know.

Who will inherit Queen Elizabeth’s fortune?

According to reports, King Charles, who will ascend to the throne after Queen Elizabeth II’s death, will inherit most of her personal fortune which is estimated to be around $500 million.

Charles is Queen Elizabeth II’s eldest son who she shares with Prince Philip.

Moreover, these assets include her investments, art collection and jewellery. They include real estate she owns such as Sandringham House in Norfolk, England and Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

Furthermore, Queen Elizabeth inherited a $70 million fortune after her mother’s death in 2002. It includes a stamp collection, fine china, jewellery, horses as well as Faberge’s precious egg collection.

Her art collection included works by artists such as Monet, Nash and Carl Faberge.

It is also important to note that most of the late sovereign’s assets belong to the ‘Royal Firm’. It’s a $28 billion empire that former members of the British royal family, such as King George VI and Prince Philip, refer to as a ‘family business’.

Meanwhile, the Queen’s personal wealth in 2022 was estimated at $657 million.

Furthermore, The Sun reported in 2019 that the 96-year-old queen’s fortune was estimated at $3 billion.

How did Queen Elizabeth earn money?

Queen Elizabeth II had various sources of income such as the portfolio of lands, properties and many other assets she acquired over the years.

Regardless, its primary source of income comes from sovereign grants. It is a government-administered annual lump sum account that was established in 2012. It pays the expenses of the king for his official duties and the maintenance of the occupied palaces.

Simply put, the Crown Estate, a collection of royal holdings, generated $28 billion in annual revenue. Furthermore, the Queen received 25 percent of the income, while the remaining 75 percent went to the British Treasury.

Although the Queen did not own the Crown Estate privately, part of the public sovereign grant was paid annually to cover the expenses of the Queen and her family.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, the Queen earned an estimated $18 million annually from this estate.

Maddi

Maddy is your typical nerd with a voracious appetite for books. She likes midnight snacking.

For all the latest Trending News Click Here

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.